Methemoglobinemia warning: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- Pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- Rapid heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Fatigue or lack of energy
Allergy alert: Do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other "caine" anesthetics.
Do not use
- More than directed.
- For more than 7 days unless directed by a dentist or doctor.
- For teething
- In children under 2 years of age
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Sore mouth symptoms do not improve in 7 days
- Swelling, rash or fever develops
- Irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose or allergic reaction, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Do not use if Tamper-Evident Tab is open before first use.